Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club is a traditional family tennis club with a history dating back to 1905. In 2005 the club was relocated and improvements such as indoor courts, more outdoor courts, reception, bar/café, a gym and squash courts were added. LSTC is a member’s club which is also very much open to the public. Every week of the year, various local groups and individuals use the facility including badminton clubs, the Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group (table tennis and mini tennis) ballet, karate, street dance and various local schools for tennis and gym. The club also offers disability tennis and wheelchair tennis within the community programme as well as park tennis and an extensive schools tennis programme visiting primary and secondary schools Monday to Friday.Venue Address:
Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club, Muddy Lane, Letchworth, SG6 3TBThe facilities include:3 permanent indoor tennis courts 2 Squash courts. 7 Outdoor tennis courts comprising of 4 carpet and 3 artificial clay. A “kids Zone” which can be used as either a full sized tennis court, various sized mini tennis courts or a multi-use games area suitable for many different sports.Men’s, ladies and disabled toilet and changing facilities.A fully equipped gym, dance studios and treatment rooms Reception, Café, bar and seating area
Holiday camps at LSTC operate as Tennis and Multi-Sport. The dominant activity played throughout each day will be tennis coaching and tennis related activities. However other sports such as football, hockey, rounders and athletic team games will be played throughout the day. The aim of our camps at LSTC is to create a fun, energetic and safe environment for all our campers so that they can get the full benefit from the activities. The LSTC coaches are all highly qualified and skilled with many years of experience in sport and working with children.
What ages are able to attend?
Our LSTC Tennis and Multi-Sports camp can take all children between the ages of 5-12
During a Typical Day at our Tennis and Multi-Sports camp will see our campers arriving at the start of the day and being signed in by the team. As the main activity of the camp will be tennis, each day will be centred around one of the main shots. This means that for campers staying with us the entire week, they’ll get a chance to learn and practice all the main shots in the game. The mornings at the camp will see the campers learning tennis technique, where the afternoons will be more game play, competition, and fun games. Half way through the morning and afternoon (and during free play times), the campers will get to enjoy one of the breakout games (football, hockey, team games etc. If you’re child is booked with us during the wrap around times, then they’ll do supervised free play!
8:am - 9am - Early Drop! - Supervised Free Play
-9am - Sign In then fun group warm up!
-9:30am - Activity 1 Tennis Technique
-10:30am - Break Time
-11am - Activity 2 Break Out Games (football, hockey, cricket, team games etc)
-12pm - Lunch
-1pm - Afternoon warm up!
-1:10pm - Activity 3Morning technical recap and practice
-2pm - Activity 4 (Break out Games (football, hockey, cricket, team games etc)
-2:50pm - Break Time
-3:10pm - Activity 4 Tennis Games and competition
-3:50pm - Team tidy up and recap of the day
4pm-5:30pm - Late Stay! - Supervised Free Play
"Every effort has been made to ensure that not only is the venue covid secure, but that our holiday camp activity structure has been adjusted to ensure that it is as covid compliant as possible
What are we doing? Our camp and COVID-19
- The venue has been been marked out with one-way systems, given numerous hand sanitiser stations and allocated pick up, drop off and waiting areas for parents.
- Our camp activities have been adjusted to ensure that they are socially distant and the is minimal equipment sharing (equipment that is shared will be cleaned afterwards). Fortunately by it's nature, tennis is more socially distant that many other activities, allowing children to play normal tennis games.
- Additional cleaning routines will take place after each camp.
- Our coaches have been given specific covid training.
- Our campers will be kept in bubbles of no more than 15 children. These bubbles will not interact throughout the day although may following similar activity schedules.
- All campers and coaches will use the hand sanitiser provided when arriving at the venue and when leaving the venue.
- The coaches will use PPE if they are required to administer first aid.
Sir Thomas Fremantle School, Buckingham Road, Winslow, Buckingham, MK18 3GH